Saturday, April 4, 2015

My name is Chase Davis, and I am a sophomore at HSU.  I am studying sports management here and hope to one day be an athletic director or be involved in a sports organization in some way shape or form.  I have lived in Sheridan, Arkansas for all years of my life and graduated from Sheridan High School in 2013.  There, I played baseball for 4 years and lettered 3 of the years.  During my senior year, I decided to go play baseball at Williams Baptist College.  While there I hurt my shoulder and decided not to continue playing and transferred to Henderson.  I am an only child, even though sometimes I had thought I wanted a sibling, but that always very short lived.  I enjoy being with my friends and having a good time with them.  College has been a struggle at times, especially my freshman year, but I have managed to find a routine and a system that works.  This blog will be about the college life and how to survive it.  Many kids in my opinion don’t have the right approach to college.  Some don’t take it seriously or don’t care, while others seem to care too much and spend all their time studying.   To me there needs to be a perfect balance of studying and having fun, because being able to kick back and relax without worrying about homework is a good thing.  Too much stress is just as bad for the body as eating unhealthy food or drinking alcohol.  Money management is also a hot topic for college kids because many of us are on tight budgets, while others have parents that can pay for everything.  I myself am on a tight budget, but also have a little parent assistance.  Many college kids can’t afford to eat out for every meal, because it is too expensive as well as unhealthy.  Also others can’t afford to pay rent on an apartment or house so that they can cook every night.  Many of us broke college kids are forced to take out student loans, and get meal plans at the cafeteria, and quite frankly eating the same thing all the time gets old and it gets old quick.  These are just a few of the topics that I can discus on this blog, and will try to hit as many of them as I can. 


3 comments:

  1. Congratulation on lettering in baseball 3 years! That is an awesome achievement. I think the theme of your blog is a great one becuase it is important to have an efficient schedule. The balance of work and play in college is highly important and I also think that some people don't take it seriously enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emily: I think your blog will be a great one because it will address things that college students need to think about and give information that many will appreciate.
    Congratulations on lettering in baseball! But I'm sorry that you got hurt while playing. Did you stop completely or do you still play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily and Maddy both for the positive comments. To Maddy, I quit playing completely because i tore a ligament in my shoulder that causes a lot of pain to throw.

      Delete